How to Become a DUI Education Instructor
Steps to become a state-approved DUI Instructor:
- The applicant must be an employee or contract employee of an agency that has a current DHS substance abuse treatment program license. Contact the Office of Licensing at 801-538-4242 or http://www.hslic.utah.gov/ for information.
- See the Upcoming Events section of the DSAMH homepage for current training dates and information on registering.
- Attend the entire 4 day training course and pass the exam. The cost for new instructor training is $250 and is paid to Prevention Research Institute.
- Review and sign administrative rules about certification. Agree to deliver the course based on PRI guidelines and State policies.
- Teach the course to a group of offenders and fill out the online PRI questionnaire to complete the certification process.
- Attend one re-certification training every two years as required to maintain current certification standards.