How to Become a Certified DUI Education Provider
Steps to become a State-approved DUI Education Provider:
- The applying agency must have a current substance abuse treatment program license from the Utah Department Of Human Services Office of Licensing 801-538-4242; http://www.hslic.utah.gov/.
- Apply with DSAMH to become a DUI Education Provider. Download an application and instructions here.
- Individual Instructors employed by the licensed agency then complete the DUI Instructor training. New Instructor training is $250.00 per Instructor. Bi-annual two-day update sessions are required.
- Information on Instructor Training may be found here.
- Review the Utah code and administrative rules covering the program certification.
- Establish an agreement with PRI to ensure effective service delivery system.
- Obtain equipment required: DVD player and TV/Projector.
- Be available for a site visit annually.